Do you like to volunteer? Great! Because you can never have too many volunteers!
Volunteering for a campaign is a great way to get some experience if you’ve never participated in this type of campaign before. A municipal campaign is reliant on a lot of volunteers to make for a successful campaign.
There are a number of ways to you can volunteer with the campaign:
BY FOOT (DOOR KNOCKING AND BROCHURE DISTRIBUTION)
- Help me door knock. There are a lot of houses and neighbourhoods to visit and a dozen or so volunteers are needed to help Erin knock on as many doors as possible
- Distribute brochures. Similar to door knocking, we need help distributing brochures to households, businesses and residences like senior’s facilities and apartment buildings.
BY SUPPORT (SIGNS, SIGNS AND MORE SIGNS)
- Take a lawn sign! We have a couple of hundred lawn signs available. By taking a lawn sign from September 18 to October 16, you help increase visibility for me and allows your neighbours to learn more (or inquire) about me. I also encourage you to speak with friends and family you know in the city and see if they’re willing to take a lawn sign too. Ideally, the goal is to have lawn signs in every neighbourhood.
- Help put up election signs the first week of the election (September 18th). We’ll have a couple of hundred signs to put up around Spruce Grove, near roadways and in high visibility areas. Anyone willing to help put these around the city is most welcome.
BY HOSTING (AN EVENT OR MEET AND GREET)
- Host an event! I’m more than happy to come to an event you’re hosting or willing to put on. Perhaps there’s a particular issue or topic you’d like to discuss. Maybe you have a group or association that meets regularly that would like to have me stop by to talk issues. Please don’t hesitate to reach out!
- Are you a local business? Would you like to host an event? I have lots of ideas for events, topics, ways to bring our community together. If you’re willing to host, I’m willing to put an event together with you.
BY DONATION (DONATE OR HELP FUNDRAISE)
- Donate. Every dollar counts. Municipal elections are not cheap and can easily cost a candidate $5,000 to $10,000. Brochures and lawn signs cost thousands of dollars and can be a deterrent for many wanting to run for city council. I have lots of skin in this game but I do appreciate those than can donate to help my campaign- individuals, small business and more- your donation is much appreciated.
- Help fundraise. As mentioned above, a campaign can run several thousand dollars for even a small or modest campaign. Are you an amazing fundraiser? Are you willing to help me out? I’d love to hear from you! If you have interesting fundraising ideas too- I’m all ears!
BY SCRUTINEERING (ADVANCE POLLS AND ELECTION DAY
- Each candidate is allowed a scrutineer at every location during the actual vote. If you have time to be a scrutineer for me and can work a shift or two (on the day or any of the advance polling days), please let me know!