Hear why I’m running for Alderman in Spruce Grove
We are very lucky to have a local radio station that meets the needs of our tri-region. This is also the first time that we’ve had an election here where we have a radio station covering the campaigns. I’m happy to see News Director Tom Strangward from The One 88.1 FM putting time, effort and emphasis into covering this campaign.
Tom was in touch with me right away when I announced I’d be running for Alderman in Spruce Grove. I wasn’t ready at the time (still needed to educate myself on some of the issues and research by way of consultation with residents first), but finally, this past Wednesday, I found myself in studio with Tom for my 15 minute interview.
Please have a listen:
Some of the highlights:
– need for a protective services master plan and a second fire station with our growth
– annexation concerns and developing south of the tracks
– overhaul of the automated enforcement program (photo radar)
– open data portal and more transparency and accountability from our city council (recorded votes)
– cautious optimism for the new event centre to meet the needs of the city
– sustainable and affordable housing growth in the city
– focus on making Spruce Grove a safe and secure place to live and raise a family
– diversity of voices and representation on council to better represent the demographics of our city